Beef and tomatoes go together just as perfectly as pork and apples. One of my favorite methods of preparing a Round Roast is braising, since the meat has little fat and tends to be tough without the proper love and attention paid to it.
To top it off, it just doesn’t get a lot easier than this. It’s almost a “Set it and forget it” kind of main dish, which is always great in my opinion.
- 1 top round roast, cap off. (or you can trim the fat cap yourself)
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes with basil and olive oil
- 1 14½ ounce can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides in a non-reactive skillet or roaster. Pour tomatoes over roast, cover and place in a 350°F oven for about an hour.
- Turn roast, making sure to snuggle it down into the tomatoes. Replace cover and put back in oven until meat is falling apart.
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving. Serve tomatoes over sliced roast.
There. Told ya it was easy.