A little tomato, a little wine, a little seafood. That’s really all it takes to make me happy, at least in this instance. This quick recipe for shrimp with tomato sauce might just be my new favorite. The fact that my oldest son helped me devour the dish shown above is nothing short or a five-star bonus. I would have eaten it myself had he not enjoyed it.
(I may have secretly hoped that he didn’t…)
All I can really say about this is that it was sublime. I’ve spent days staring at the screen trying to find a way to describe it, but words have failed me this time, so I’m just going to get straight to the recipe before I waste any more time. You guys deserve to have this in your card index, database or PDA. It’s good.
- 1/2 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and cleaned, tail on
- 1 15.5 oz can diced tomatoes with bell peppers and garlic
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white whine
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, stirring frequently for approximately 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Add tomatoes and stir until heated. Add vinegar or lemon juice and wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add Red pepper flakes and Italian Seasoning. Stir to combine and allow the pepper flakes to bloom. Add shrimp and baste with sauce for approximately 1-1/2 minutes, or until shrimp are just pink.
- Serve immediately.
- Share and Enjoy!
What I would have done Differently had I thought of it at the time:
This either needs pasta or rice to make it a full meal. otherwise the sauce, which is amazing, goes to waste. Add some starch!
Other Shrimp with Tomato Sauce Recipes:
- Shrimp with White Beans, Spinach & Tomatoes, from The Kitchn’
- Shrimp and Tomato Kebabs, from Simple Bites