I’m sure that my female food blogging counterparts all have a recipe for these little pieces of goodness, but Mrs. seat of her Pants made these up for me last night and I thought I’d share. So please everyone, grab one… No, No. Don’t be shy. That’s better. Would you like some milk to go with those cookies?
Great! Now that I’ve buttered you up with some chocolate, it’s on to the cookie recipe…
This is taken from the Hershey’s Classic Chocolate Chip Recipe, with minor differences. (Mostly in the amount and type of vanilla)
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure Mexican vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.
What I would have done differently had I thought of it at the time:
Nothing, I didn’t make ’em!