To carry the Mediterranean feel a bit further, we paired it with some leftover tzatziki we had in the fridge from a few days earlier. The result? I can only call these wonderful and suggest you give them a try. Really, I wish I had more to say on the subject, but honestly, I’m just wishing we had a few wings left right about now…
Yeah. They’re freaking amazing.
- 1 22 oz. package chicken drumettes, or approximately 15 wings
- The juice of three lemons
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- Chicken stock – to cover
- 3 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chicken drumettes or wings and stir to coat. Add enough chicken stock to cover chicken. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Cook chicken in batches in a large skillet over medium high heat in olive oil or butter, approximately 5-7 minutes per side, or until golden and juices run clear.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with tzatziki or ranch dressing.
What I would have done differently had I thought of it at the time:
I didn’t do it, my wife did, so nothing ;)